A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Thursday, September 13, 2012

And She Prayed...

Children's prayers are so honest and sometimes comical.

Taylor's birthday was on the first day of school. We had the traditional donut with a candle, but didn't really get to enjoy the moment with all of the other activities. She has been incredibly patient. I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday. Surprisingly she only requested 2 friends go with her to Chuck E. Cheese and spend the night. Seeing the bargain opportunity, I jumped on it. Tomorrow Taylor and her couple of friends will be celebrating the big 7 without the traditional family attending.

Mom gave Taylor her gift on Wednesday. Taylor was thrilled! Then, we had to leave to go to gymnastics, and I made her leave the gift at Mimi's so it wouldn't make a mess in the hot car while at gymnastics. All day she has mentioned how close Mimi lives now and that we could just go to Mimi's and get the gift. I've put her off for various reasons; ultimately it's for my own benefit. Tonight at bedtime Taylor prayed, 'God, thank you for my family and my friends. And thank you God that my Mimi had enough money to buy me a huge make-up box with a bunch of make-up for my birthday...'.

I simultaneously prayed, 'Thank you God for my 34 years with an awesome mom. Please either heal her from her insanity or bless me with enough patience and discretion to not murder her for the H.U.G.E. make-up box with a bunch of make-up! AMEN'

No comments:

Post a Comment