A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thursday was F-U-N-N-Y

Thursday afternoon was one funny comment after another on the way to gymnastics.

Taylor was telling me that they wrote poetry at school that day. She said, 'We wrote our name and then made a poem about ourselves with the letters. Here's mine. T is for thankful. A is for awesome. Y is for young. L is for lazy. O is for I forgot what o was for. R is for remembers.'

I said, 'R is for remembers but you forgot O?'

She smiled and said, 'But aren't you glad I was honest and said L is for lazy cause I am!'

Kennedy asked, 'Mom, do you know any Muslims?'

I said, 'Yes, do you?' She had to inquire about who I knew but went on to say there was a young Muslim girl in her G/T class who didn't go to lunch that day because 'she was vasting.'

Yes, she clarified it for me V-A-S-T-I-N-G and that means you don't eat or drink from sun up to sun down because your dad said it's a vasting day.


No comments:

Post a Comment