A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New year, new goals...

So, today was "the day". I went back to work. I say that as if I haven't been working for the last five months. After days like yesterday, I think it is more work to be home! :)

As I start the new school year, I've got some goals. I don't generally "air my baggage" because I like for people to think I've got it all together. Those of you who know me just a little know that I have it anything but "together".

So, without a lot of explanation and excuses I'm going to list my goals for the school year. Some people consider these "New Year Resolutions". You are probably thinking, "yep, she's lost her mind, and she really is late for EVERYTHING!" But, as a teacher, the new year really begins in August!


  • have a good attitude (don't gripe at school)

  • get organized with new responsibilities

  • eat lunch with one "big girl" each week

  • get homework routine for Kennedy and Taylor

  • nurse Blake until her first birthday

  • lose weight

  • read a novel that my students are reading for English

  • keep check on blood pressure

So, you know where I'm headed. I would appreciate any accountability and encouragement along the way. My plan (if I don't forget) is to post an update at the end of the first six weeks of school.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anyone else who is as determined as you when you set out to reach a goal. You will do it! You CAN do it.....all! Goooo, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete