A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seriously, does it matter that much?

Ok, so remember a few weeks back when I introduced you to Kennedy and just went on and on about how wonderful she is? Well, she is still wonderful, but I'm pretty sure if school doesn't start soon that she will be wonderful at someone else's house! :)

Here's her latest disaster. She has grown. I know, all kids grow. But this summer she has grown and grown and grown some more. When we bought spring shorts, they were a size 6x/7. Well, when I bought school shorts last month, they were a size 8. Today she needs a 9. Now that's really not that important other than the fact that it has created chaos during "dress up" time at our house. Here's our conversation...

Kennedy: Mom, can I wear the cheerleader uniform?

Me: No Kennedy. It is a size 4, and it is too small.

Kennedy: But mom, I'm dancing to High School Musical and I REALLY need to wear it (with extreme drama of voice inflection and body language)

Me: Well, I guess you are going to have to find something else to wear. It is too small. I told you that last week. You are growing, but the clothes are not.

Three minutes or so pass while she's back in her room. She return with a pair of purple shorts, brown shirt, and gray hoodie with the sleeves pushed up. She starts the music, gets in "her pose" and about 2 seconds later she stops the music.

Me: What's wrong?

Kennedy: Do you know where the blue shorts are like these (uniform shorts from softball/soccer).

Me: We got rid of them. They don't fit either of ya'll and they were taking up too much space.

Kennedy: U-u-g-g-g-h-h-h-h! But that is the only thing that matches the song I'm going to dance to.

Seriously? Clothes match songs now? Where did I go wrong with this kid? She will wear a red skirt with a lime green and pink spotted shirt to school if I let her. But, now she thinks her dress up clothes have to match the S-O-N-G? I give up!

1 comment:

  1. A. You raised her.
    B. She acts like her daddy.
    C. It's just a phase....the beginning of a very long phase!
    D. It's the Dickerson coming out!
    E. It's the Akin coming out! (Boy, I hope I spelled that right!) :)
    F. She's a GIRL....like, duh!
    G. You should be able to read her mind...mother!
    H. All of the above.
    I. None of the above.

    Aww...how 'bout this special little nugget to ponder...she is the oldest of THREE GIRLS...you get to go thru this same stuff two more times. When Kennedy is just about thru her phase, Taylor will be in the middle of hers while Blake is about to start her 'phase'! Heeheeheehahahahaheehee...... Yep! I can laugh because they don't live with me! ;) ;) (But I do love them very much!)

    ReplyDelete