A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Monday, November 1, 2010

Who knew?

What.A.Day. That pretty much sums up this first MONDAY in November! Don't get me wrong. It was not a bad day, but it was a day.

Many of you continue to read my blog (I hope) because you are anxious to know what my silly girls have said or done recently. Well, sit back and enjoy!

First of all, let me fill you in on one of the most precious, sincere, and honest moments of all time. On Halloween night, our friends were over to Trick or Treat with us as "The Gang". Remember the pumpkins? Yes, it was those two girls, Amanda, and our three girls. Kennedy is always trying to get Sadie to spend the night. Sadie has "tried" to spend the night several times that I can recall. However, she hasn't quite made it all night. Okay, she hasn't even made it until 11PM yet. But, as a former "I tried to spend the night" kid, I am very sympathetic and love that she trusts me to get up in the middle of the night and take her ALL the way home if she really needs to go home. (Oh, and she did live right across the street on all of those attempts except the very last one. Wasn't I nice to take her home ALL the way across the street?) Interestingly, Taylor and Sophie have no problems spending the night with each other or probably even going home with a stranger from Wal-mart. Taylor had already been in to ask if Sophie could spend the night on Halloween. Amanda and I told them that Saturday night was not a good night, but we would get them together really soon. Within just a few minutes, Amanda began the process of gathering candy, buckets, costume pieces, shoes, kids, etc. to wrap up the evening. Sadie was ignoring Amanda's request to pick up her things. I jokingly asked Sadie if she wanted to spend the night since she didn't want to get her stuff together to go home. She quickly began to pick up her loot as she said, "Mrs.Shannon, we both know". I love that kid!

This afternoon, we had "who knew" moment number one in the car. With the mild weather, I had all four windows about 1/3 of the way down. The big girls were in the very back of the vehicle singing, talking, and then laughing...and laughing...and laughing louder. As I looked into the rear view mirror, I saw Kennedy with green apple bubble gum from her forehead to her chin and ear to ear. Naturally, I asked, "Kennedy Nicole, what are you doing?" She giggled as she began to pull the gum from her face (and hair) and said, "I blew a bubble!" Taylor echoed with "a BIG bubble!" A few minutes later Kennedy said, "We need to tell Pa about a new rule! Never blow a bubble when the window is down!" I'm not sure if I posted, but several weeks ago, Pa and Taylor made a rule that you should never spit into the wind. I think Kennedy's rule trumps Taylor's rule. At least the spit doesn't require scissors when you get home!

Who Knew #2...
Monday, November 1. Seems like just another day, right? Well, let me just say that I had the bright idea to take all three girls to the grocery store by myself with a list as long as Taylor is tall. When we got to the store, Taylor was talking 100 miles per hour telling me all the things that we needed to remember to get even if they weren't on the list. As I was listening to her chatter, gathering the necessities, and trying to keep everyone safe (as Taylor dressed herself in the parking lot), I unbuckled Blake and picked her up out of the car seat. At that very moment, my heart stopped! I had taken her out of the car seat...at Wal-mart. Now, this wouldn't be that big of a deal if she was a little older, but she can barely sit up. She has N.E.V.E.R been into a store without her car seat unless we had the stroller. Naturally as I tried to rewind and put her back into the seat the back arched, legs stiffened, and squeal escaped! So, I decided we'd just take a chance and see how it goes. She did quite well for about 35 minutes. Thirty-five minutes would have been sufficient on most trips to Wal-mart. However, no one remembered to send me the memo that said that 85% of the county would be shopping for groceries on the first day of the month. Imagine the scene...baby on hip, cart overflowing with groceries, Taylor in tumbling clothes bouncing all over the place, Kennedy trying to "drive" the really heavy,full cart, and approximately 2500 people in a store with a maximum capacity of 500. Fortunately, my knight in shining mechanic uniform rode in on a gray Chevrolet truck and saved the day.
The first of the month is apparently a busy shopping day for many people. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment