A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wow! Today I realized that I haven't posted anything in over three weeks! So, naturally I began to ponder what in the world I've been doing since I haven't been posting. I really don't know for sure. I know I try to post on Sunday afternoons. So, the first Sunday that I didn't post was because we were at the deer lease. The second Sunday was the day after the Syrup Festival. My older girls went home with my mother, and I slept most of the day. Last Sunday Chad and I went to Houston to a funeral. So, although on first thought it seems like we haven't done anything, we have been very busy. Oh I know...the Sunday I slept doesn't really count, but hey a Mom needs a break some time!

So, what's new in the life of Bob and the Girls? Taylor is reading fairly well. Kennedy is reading very well, including things that she probably shouldn't be reading. Blake is sitting unassisted. Blake has also perfected an ear-piercing scream when she realizes she is in a room alone (or thinks she's alone). She has also realized that the oldest Dickerson sister can't stand to hear the littlest Dickerson sister even whimper!

Miraculously, Kennedy and Taylor have been getting along fairly well lately. Now, don't get me wrong, we still have days when they are not allowed to speak to each other on the way to school because they've argued too much before we even drop Blake off at her "school". But, in general, Kennedy has matured into this protective big sister who truly wants to help Taylor. I'm a mean mom, and I make the girls prepare their own lunches. Let me insert a "Mother of the Year" story here...

A few weeks ago, I had to go to a workshop. When I picked the girls up from school, Taylor said that Mrs.Tambrea had given her some popcorn. I asked why and she said, "cause I didn't want to starve to death". So after investigating with Taylor, Kennedy, and Mrs.Tambrea, I learned the truth. Kennedy had packed lunches for the girls. She SAID we didn't have any groceries so they each got a bottle of water and package of cheese crackers. Apparently during lunch Taylor explained to Mrs.Tambrea that she was going to starve to death. Mrs.Tambrea inquired about what she had in her lunch and then went to compare with Kennedy. Kennedy explained to her that her mom hadn't bought groceries and that all that was at home was the crackers and water. Fortunately Mrs.Tambrea looked out for my kids and provided them with some choices of "side dishes" such as popcorn, etc. Completely humiliated, I explained to Tambrea that we did have food in our house. I had moved the fruit cups from one cabinet to another and the juice boxes were in the floor where I sat them, not the refrigerator drawer. Tambrea was super sweet when she said that she knew my kids weren't starving. And, we did have a talk about preparing appropriate lunches and asking for help if needed!

So, back to packing lunches. Recently I found this note written on a tiny sheet of paper and stuck in the top of Taylor's lunch box.

Taylor
Is kendergarton fun? I bet it is. Just wated to say, Hi! Love U Tater tot. Love Kennedy

That tiny little paper makes my heart proud. I always wanted a big sister. I had no idea how special a sister really could be!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. what sweet hearts your girls have for one another and everyone else - makes me miss never having a sister! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's the sweetest thing ever

    ReplyDelete