A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Monday, August 1, 2011

Tater Tot Doesn't Stop...E.V.E.R.

All three of my girls are special.  All three of my girls make my heart swell with pride.  All three of my girls make me want to pull my hair out by the root occassionally too! 

This particular girl


loves life. She compliments everyone. She laughs big. She is precious. She is curious about the world around her. She is exhausting thorough with her questions about the world.

Here's the conversation we recently had while driving down the road.

Taylor: Mom, have you ever scared a bird?

Me: I don't know Taylor. What do you mean?

Taylor: Have you ever scared a bird?

Me: I don't know.

Taylor: Have you ever had bird poop on your windwhield?

Me: Yes.

Taylor: Well, then you HAVE scared a bird.

Me: Well then I guess I have scared a bird.

Taylor: When did you scare a bird?

Me: I don't know.

Taylor: When did a bird poop on your window?

Me: I don't remember, Taylor.

Taylor: What kind of bird was it?

Me: I don't know, Taylor

Taylor: Well, what color was the bird?

Me: Taylor, I don't remember.

Taylor: Mom, how do you know you scared a bird if you don't remember what color it was?

Me: Taylor, I don't remember all of the deatials but I am sure a bird has pooped on my windshield before.

Taylor: Mom, how do you know the bird was scared?

Me: Taylor, can we just be quiet for a few minutes?

Taylor: Yes m'am.

(Silence for less than 45 seconds)

Taylor: Mom...

People keep asking if Blake can talk yet. She does say a few words and communicats quite well with signs. But, she is definitely not as verbal as the oldest two Dickerson girls were at her age. Somehow I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment