A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Friday, February 3, 2012

Nine years later...

Ok, so clearly I have neglected this blog.  I hesitate to even go back to "Merry Christmas" because if you are anything like me, you were glad to see the red and green get tucked away.  My body goes into mild convulsions just thinking about Christmas and the craziness until at least December 10 each year.  I also didn't want to just skip over it completely because one special young lady had a birthday since my last post.  So, I thought I'd just hit the highlights.

Happy Birthday Kennedy Nicole!  I can't believe that nine years have gone by since this tiny bundle arrived in our lives.  Wait a minute. Wait. A. Minute!  I have enjoyed being "momma" to this little angel.  BUT, I am not living in a perfect world where I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it.  Looking back, I can honestly say we have had many, many more positive, happy experiences than those of the other variety.  However, we have not been without the pouts, tears, fights, fits, and other various festivities that seem to accompany young children.  Here's a link that truly expresses my feelings about motherhood

Back to KND.  She is truly a blessing in our lives.  The last year has been full of changes for Kennedy.  She moved out of the big room and into a tiny closet so that she wouldn't have to share her space.  She changed schools.  At her new school, she has excelled academically as well as made a smooth transition socially.  She has officially moved from little girl to young lady.  Although this year has had its challenges, it has been an amazing year full of growth, change,and maturation.  I look forward to her next year of life.

I may be a little biased, but I think she is beautiful...inside and out.




No comments:

Post a Comment