A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pebbles of Knowledge from Vietnam Veterans Memorial

While walking from the Korean War Veterans Memorial toward the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Kennedy asked, 'Do they only have the names of the people killed in the war on this wall?'  I answered, 'Yes. Why?  Do you know someone who fought but wasn't killed in Vietnam?'  (FYI: I learned at the memorial that I was wrong. The wall also contains those who are missing in action.)  We continued along and Kennedy answered my question with a somewhat disgusted flair as she said, 'Um, yes.'  Interested to know who she had on her mind, I tried to scroll through my brain to see who she actually new and realized had fought in Vietnam. As she looked back over her shoulder with just the right 'Mom you should know this' attitude, she said, 'Silas Marion Robertson!'
Wow!  Never saw that coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment