A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Friday, September 20, 2013

Even the Security Guard Giggles Sometimes

Today we went to the National Archives. It is amazing to me that they have the actual documents so I can truly see the Declaration of Independence, Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights.  As we were viewing the documents, I was quizzing the girls on the facts. Imagine this conversation in the rotunda under the supervision of armed security guards. 

Me: Taylor, do you see all the states listed at the bottom of the Constitution?

Taylor: (pointing) right here?

Me: Yes. Do you see Texas?

Taylor: No. 

Me:  Why not?

Taylor:  Because I can't read cursive yet.

Even the super-professional security guard giggled. 

In her defense, when we told her what we were going to see, she knew about the 13 colonies. Apparently I framed the question all wrong for my literal child. 

This trip has been full of learning and sprinkled with priceless conversation. More to come. I've been taking notes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment