A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Monday, July 13, 2015

Day Three of Road Trip 2015

We had an overnight guest with us at the Gaylord. So, Sunday morning this one mom was debating taking four kids to eat breakfast. After perusing the restaurant guides, I opted for breakfast in the room.

 

This was NOT room service. This was breakfast from the snack bag and sharing random, half-empty drinks sitting around the room. Little Debbie cakes, penguins, and a protein pack satisfied the crew. 

After the breakfast of champions, we headed to the indoor pool. Yes, I had four kids in the pool before 8AM. Apparently it's a mom strategy. There were several groups of moms and kids. 


The kids enjoyed the pool, but the water was cold. Fortunately, they opened the outdoor pool early. By 8:45 we were in the warm water and sunshine. Outdoors, there was also a kiddie pool.

 

The kiddie pool was very helpful because I somehow left Marshall's floaties in the room. 



We played in the pools, and I tried to tire out the kids in preparation for another several hours in the car. 



About 10, we headed back to the room for showers and packing. The pool was pretty far from our room and involved multiple hallways and turns.


 As we entered the elevator area by our room, I realized that I didn't have the key. I was almost positive that I picked it up at the pool. Then, I remembered that I threw my towel into the towel bin 4 hallways back. I assumed that I had deposited the key as well as the towel. I was not interested in hauling four wet kids all the way back through the resort to find the key. I found an employee who said he could let me in my room with identification. Unfortunately, I didnt swim with identification. He began calling for help. I waited patiently and chased Marshall and waited patiently and refereed Blake and Marshall and waited not as patiently and threatened Kennedy and Taylor and began considering hauling myself and four kids down to the front desk. Suddenly a pair of angels walked up and heard me explaining to the guy AGAIN that I didn't know what happened to the key, but I did know that my ID was in the room. The lady said, Did you lose your key?'  In chorus, we all said, 'Yes!'  She found it in the hall leaving the pool and was headed to take it down to the desk. We were saved!



After showers and packing, we headed down to enjoy the atriums a final time. 


We saw waterfalls. 


We saw fish. 


We saw sharks, according to Marshall. 

We finally looked at a map and realized there were additional atriums that we had not seen. Of course, we had to check them out. 




About noon we were on the way to McDonalds and then headed east to Maryville, Tennessee. I was sure the little kids would sleep on the way after the two hours of swimming.  Not so much. Marshall talked all 300 or so miles. It rained some. Taylor and Kennedy argued periodically. Blake whined from exhaustion often. I just tried to remember that my elders say, 'One day you will miss this!' We did enjoythe winding roads and the real mountains. I was glad to get to our home for the next several nights.  

One interesting thing we saw was an Acadia from Texas. I know that's not so interesting, but look at the dealership tag. 


It's from Gabriel Jordan!  That is 25 miles from our  house. What are the odds that we would follow our 'neighbor' down the interstate when we were 800 miles from home?

Finally, baths and bed for the tired Dickerson girls. 

Day four will be Ober Gatlinburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment