A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kennedy Nicole Dickerson




Kennedy Nicole is our first-born daughter. Her name is special to me. Kennedy was a name that Chad and I liked. Nicole is the middle name of a dear friend from college. Kennedy likes that she shares a middle name with her cousin Heather. I've never written a description of her, but here is a list of the first words that came to mind

beautiful
loving
intelligent
intuitive
rule follower
biggest sister
striking eyes

Kennedy is an avid reader. She's a phenomenal student. She loves Jesus. This year Kennedy became quite the softball player as well. Her favorite things to do are play school with Taylor, ride bikes with Tucker, and take care of Blake. I often find myself staring at her and marveling at not only her physical beauty, but that of her heart as well. Kennedy is one of the most compasisonate people I know. She is sincere in almost everything she says and does.
Kennedy's view of the world is simple, and it often makes us laugh. Several months ago she explained to me that she didn't need to go to college because she was going to work at the snowball stand. Our next "when you grow up" conversation she said that she wasn't sure if she wanted to be a lifeguard or a veterinarian. Most recently she asked if I would let her daddy go so that she can marry him. I love her. I pray for her to find a husband like her daddy and a career that she will love even if it is as seasonal as life guarding and snowball queen!

3 comments:

  1. Awww....You need a warning system: Depends Alert (spontaneous incontinence may occur during laughter), BS Alert (story may be slightly exaggerated), Hmmm Alert (story to leave you pondering over), and of course the one fitting for today's blog.....Kleenex Alert (sweet, touching, and/or sad story that will bring tears to the eyes and make one say aloud 'oh how sweet' even though no-one else is in the room).....

    I do not think it would be possible for you to articulate your love and pride for Kennedy any better than this story! Man, it's beautiful!

    Stacey D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to see if I can get that going for you Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very true :) and she reminds me of me when I was little except the fact that she is sooo smart ! And she is very simple minded and that leads to interesting conversations :) && I promise that she doesn't wanna be like me & work at the snoball shop :) but I just love her

    ReplyDelete