A Little Peek Into Our Lives...



Monday, July 19, 2010

Taylor Reid Dickerson




Taylor is our "middle child". She's a spunky, funny almost five year old. She came into the world making a statement. We had a baby shower the morning of August 27th and a baby that night...in the middle of hurricane Katrina! Taylor is precious. She loves, loves, loves to compliment people. She can find the sweetest things about people to appreciate like, "Miss Haven, I like your braces!" She's a helper around the house. Any time I sit to fold laundry, she comes running and wants to put away all of mine and Chad's clothes. If someone goes into the kitchen, Taylor is on their trail. Her first question will be "can I have a snack". After handling the snack situation, she will promptly put her stool right where I need to stand and begin asking a million questions about what I'm cooking.
Taylor admires her big sister and adores her baby sister. She doesn't use pillows to sleep because that's what stuffed animals are made for. Taylor goes wide open, and is often found sleeping 1/2 in the bed and 1/2 hanging off the bed as if she passed out when her head hit the bed. Although she can drive me crazy with questions and her need to "help", she can bring tears to my eyes with her sincere love for people.
Taylor is pretty, prissy, and patient. She is smart, sassy, and soft-hearted. She wears lipstick to the lake, but loves to play with worms. Taylor is my most special middle child with a personality the size of Texas! She was my Tater Baby, and then she was my Tater Tot. Now she's just my Sweet Tater!

3 comments:

  1. This is all veryy true !! And you can always tell when she is wondering something and you just know some crazy question is coming out :) and some things that she hasn't thought through so well like "miss haven have you met my daddy?" Well obviously since I've been babysittin y'all for 4 years now!! And she always brightens my day with all her compliment you are blessed with wonderful children !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was thinking, "Yea! No Kleenex Alert!" on this one...but...Oh my...you are just such a wonderful, beautifully articulate writer but foremost such a loving mother! Your girls are just as blessed to have you as you are to have them! You and Chad have made and raised some extraordinarily special girls! (I'm very blessed to have you ALL in my life!) Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "She wears lipstick to the lake, but loves to play with worms."

    I love it. Sounds just like my oldest 2 girls. Tomboy sassy.

    ReplyDelete